Externally Pressurized Expansion Joint for high pressure applications with long axial movements
Externally Pressurized Expansion Joints also known as pressure compensators are primarily used to absorb long axial movement. The externally pressurized designs key features include,
- Better pressure stability (less susceptible to squirm) allowing longer axial movement
- Integral external cover and liner
- Optional torque control tabs and axial limit stops
- Self draining convolutions
Kopperman (81 series) high pressure compensators are available with both pipe ends or flanged in both single or dual with anchor support configurations.
Standard designs available in sizes from 1” to 24” and for pressure upto 300 Psi at 800 °F. Standard materials include,
- 300 series stainless steels
- High nickel Alloys
- Carbon and low alloy steels
Other custom sizes, materials, pressure and temperature ranges available on request.